- Clean, simple interface that works on various terminals
- Ability to search for applications using environment variables (e.g.
$PATH) and user-provided list of directories
- It can be configured to launch via a key-binding
- It can optionally open an application in terminal (see key shortcuts)
- It allows providing arguments to applications (see key shortcuts)
- Remembers previously launched applications allowing to find them more quickly
- Fuzzy search (parts of the query can be separated with a space)
- Applications can be launched with
1, 2, ..., 0 keys, depending on their position in the search results
- Fast, uses cache by default
- Easy to configure using a single text file
- Able to run an application and detach it from terminal (e.g.
xstarter -e firefox)
- it can provide contents of its cache to outside programs (